Workplace safety should be a top priority for every employer. Most importantly, a safe workplace means employees are able to go home to their families every night. Workplace safety also affects the bottom line for employers.
A work-related injury can impact an employer’s finances in a number of ways, from reduced profits, to worker’s compensation, insurance costs, legal fees, and loss of productivity.
Safety in the workplace also affects employee morale, which has a direct impact on productivity, efficiency, and profit margins. When your employees are happy and confident, you will experience fewer staff absences and less staff turnover.
The key to a safe workplace is employee education. By implementing a safety program in the workplace, employees can expect to see illness and injury rates fall and a significant return on investment.
Staff Force Can Help Keep Your Workplace Safe
Staff Force is committed to helping our clients provide a safe workplace for their employees. Here are some of the ways we help our clients make workplace safety a top priority:
- Provide free forklift certifications for temps we employ.
- Perform safety audits at client facilities. We can provide an outside perspective on an employers’ safety programs and facility.
- Provide employers with documentation from our safety visits to their facilities.
- Conduct free on-site safety meetings for our employees and our clients’ employees; or participate in our clients’ safety meetings.
- Follow up with an evaluation of our temps and employees’ to ensure they are operating equipment responsibly, performing correct lifting techniques, and keeping their work area clean.
Does your workplace have a health and safety program in place? If not, it’s time to place your focus on creating a safe work environment for employees. The time and financial resources you might invest into a workplace safety program will multiply employee satisfaction, moral, and productivity while protecting the reputation of your business.